JP Pest Services has been providing pest control solutions for New England homes and businesses since 1925. With nine decades of experience, the company understands a lot about their northern customer base - from what they expect from the effectiveness of their products and programs to what they need from a customer service team. After a rigorous software evaluation, JP Pest Services chose Sage Intacct over other on-premises and cloud solutions as the best fit to meet the needs of the business.
Previous Business Challenges
- A family-owned pest control business, JP Pest Services was outsourcing their accounting before bringing it in-house on QuickBooks a few years ago. A new controller has come on to help refine internal processes, and discovered that the business was outgrowing the capabilities of QuickBooks.
- Generating useful reports rolled up by location was a very manual process.
- The business has inventory requirements that had to be managed manually as well.
Benefits Realized With AcctTwo
- They have met their reporting needs as well as the company's inventory requirements.
- New dimensions allow the finance and accounting staff to track transactions by department, division, and location - something QuickBooks simply could not do.
- AcctTwo provides the business with a more sophisticated, efficient, and streamlined solution than QuickBooks, automating multiple processes and moving them away from the use of spreadsheets. For example, the accounting staff can now load complex vendor invoices and journal entries directly into Sage Intacct.
Highlighted Comments from JP Pest Services' Controller
"What we find most useful in the AcctTwo solution is the product's dimensional structure and its reporting capabilities," said JP Pest Services Controller, Dan Barretto. "The implementation went well, and our business didn't miss a beat moving to Sage Intacct. The AcctTwo team's responsiveness was great. The AcctTwo team's Sage Intacct knowledge was rock-solid."